Friday 14 March 2014

Hair product haul/review:

A while back I picked up some cheap hair products from ASDA, a shampoo and hair mask. I also picked up the same brand (no specific name) gift set containing a shampoo, conditioner and hair treatment. I'm not sure how much this set cost me, but the other products only cost me £1 each!


Here are the first two hair products that I purchased- shampoo and hydrating hair mask. I've enjoyed using these, but if you have oily hair be careful! I tend to use the shampoo twice, as once never seems enough to eliminate all the grease in my hair, its a nightmare having oily hair at times. Sometimes the day after washing it grease has already started to appear, and I wash my hair every other day, sometimes on the 3rd day if I'm lucky. In between washes I just use my dry shampoo.

So once I've washed my hair twice giving it a good lather up, I then squeeze all the excess water out of my hair (says to towel dry, but I don't want to be climbing out the shower until the end) and then apply my hair mask. I love this hair mask, its very thick but has a strong smell which reminds me a bit of chocolate lime sweets smell, mainly a strong lime smell. It's strong and can be quite a headachey smell, but if you don't mind that then its fine! It says to leave in hair for 7-10 minutes but I never have time for that, so I try and aim for 5 mins, once I managed about 7 mins. It definitely hydrates your hair, and seems to help keep the ends of my hair in shape. Again if you have oily hair keep it away from your roots, it does say to apply at the roots, but I don't. It's perfect for dry hair if your in need of some moisture.


This is the consistency of the hair mask, you can see how thick it looks.


And this is the gift set. It contains the shampoo again, conditioner (which I hadn't tried before), and the Hair treatment. I haven't used these as much as the first two products I purchased. The conditioner obviously isn't as rich as the mask, so is much more suited to everyday use.

Here is the information about the conditioner:

  • Contains moroccan argan oil extract
  • rejuvenates and rehydrates leaving hair shiny, smooth and healthy
  • its cleansing and nourishing
  • for all hair types
  • helps with moisture and softness along with manageability
  • and to leave it on for 3-5 minutes

Information about the hair treatment:

  • contains moroccan argan oil extract 
  • its an intensive hydrating treatment
  • repairs and rejuvenates 
  • leaves hair shiny, smooth and healthy
  • you apply this to towel dried hair without rinsing

This feels like an oil, it says to use 2-3 drops on the hair, and 4 to 5 drops for longer hair. I only used one drop to put on my ends, and my ends felt amazing. Due to my hair being oily I wouldn't put this allover my hair, only where I need it most. 

I would rate the shampoo an 7/10, the hair mask a 9/10, the conditioner a 7/10, and the hair treatment a 9/10. This range is so inexpensive, I would recommend it to people on a budget as I know how expensive argan oil products can be. It definitely does what it says on the tin, and adds moisture. It works well for my hair, but it would be really beneficial for those with dry hair. 

I will be back with more reviews soon, see you later, 







No comments:

Post a Comment