Wednesday 5 February 2014

Elf lash extending mascara review:

Well a while back I purchased this mascara off the Elf website. It's taken me a while but I wanted to test it out properly so I could give it a fair review.




Lets dive straight in.

About the product:
  • it is £3.75 on the Elf website, which is rather cheap for a mascara these days, so if your looking for a cheap and cheerful mascara then the price isn't an issue at all
  • it states that lashes appear longer and fuller
  • it provides a rich curl
  • this mascara is fiber infused and has added vitamins B and E infused with the formula
  • it also includes wheat protein and panthenol to condition and enhance the lashes

My thoughts on the product:
  • do lashes appear longer and fuller? indeed the product provides this, but nothing I haven't experienced before. Definitely can see the length of my eyelashes are accentuated, and it does thicken them up. You can apply a small amount for a more natural look or build it up to add more length and thickness
  • does it provide a rich curl? I agree with this, but with my lashes already having natural curl to them I'm unsure if this will provide a good curl for someone with very straight eyelashes
  • the only problem I find with this mascara is that it takes forever to dry, one blink and it smudges everywhere, even if I've been letting it dry for a few minutes. I've never had this problem before, so maybe it would benefit if there was a waterproof option. I've also noticed it smudges really easily.
  • it has good black pigmentation, so you can create a dramatic look if you wish
  • it separates lashes well and doesn't seem to clump
  • I find it feels nice on the lashes and doesn't feel heavy, too stiff or crispy
  • I'm loving the fact it has added vitamins and other good things in it to help keep your lashes looking the best they can
  • the brush is also very flexible which makes it easy to apply
  • overall its a good mascara, not the best I've tried but certainly not the worst. I really enjoy using this mascara and would rate it a 7/10 
Let me know your thoughts on this mascara if you have tried it

I'll be back shortly with the baby skin primer review (its next on my list)









No comments:

Post a Comment