Thursday 6 February 2014

Baby skin primer review:

I'm back with this review as promised. Lets get cracking :)


About the product: 
  • on the front it says 'instant pore eraser'
  • it states its lightweight 
  • that its smooth and makes skin look poreless
  • and that its only for the use of adults
  • on the back it says that pores appear instantly erased
  • and that you can wear it alone or under makeup 

My thoughts about the product:
  • I had high hopes for this product with it being new and having so much attention on it recently
  • there are very mixed reviews out there, some people love it some people think its just an average primer. Its also been compared to higher brands, which I haven't tried so I cant comment on that
  • It feels very thick and heavy when you first squeeze it from the bottle onto your hand or fingers, but it does thin out and feel silky smooth when you spread it over the skin. It has a silicone feeling to it
  • its clear, there's no colour in it at all. There doesn't seem to be any smell/perfume so would be ok for sensitive skin
  • I wouldn't wear this alone without any makeup, as it does nothing for my bare skin. I have areas of red, large pores in areas (from the years of suffering from acne) and I just feel my skin is blotchy
  • Underneath makeup it feels nice, smooth and evens out the texture. But I really did not see any difference in the size of my pores, which are mainly on my cheeks, nose, forehead and some around my mouth. It definitely doesn't erase them so you cant see them. Maybe it would be more beneficial for someone with smaller pores that are less visible than mine
  • Makes my foundation apply much smoother
  • it provides a good base for my makeup, and seems to make it look fresher than it otherwise would throughout the day if I wore no primer at all
  • overall my pores don't look less visible, especially on my cheeks
  • I would rate this a 6/10 because it does prime the skin even though it doesn't seem to make a difference to my pores, which was a little disappointing
As I've said in recent posts, these reviews are just my personal thoughts. Everybody is different, things work differently for others. 

Superdrug has this on offer where you can buy one for £7.99 and  buy a second for half price.
has it worked for your pores?







2 comments:

  1. I felt the same! I wouldn't wear it on it's own but it does help as a primer.
    http://justneeks.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/benefit-porefessional-vs-maybelline.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment =]. I've never tried the benefit porefessional primer but I'd like to ( its just pricey lol). I read your post on them, nice blog! x

      Delete