Thursday 20 February 2014

Beauty blogger tag:

I was looking through blogs and spotted this old tag (well it was dated 2012) but I thought I'd do it anyway. Its a good way to get to know people a little bit better!

Questions:

1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?

I've had curly hair all my life, now its more wavy. It's never been naturally straight! If I don't straighten it, it doesn't look right, looks a bit messy.

2. What is your natural hair colour?

This is a tricky question as I've been dying my hair since high school, possibly around the age of 13 when I first got highlights. And since its been blonde, brown, purple, red, and different combinations of these. So I haven't had my natural color in about 12 years or so.

 As a small child I was blonde, then it changed to dirty blonde, then light brown with a hint of dirty blonde. I'm just going to say my hairs a light brown colour, and I'm currently in the process of growing my hair colour out completely, as I want my own colour back. I may look a bit scruffy for quite some time yet, as my hair doesn't grow fast lol.

3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?:

I have done both. When I've been blonde I've always gone to the hairdressers to get it done, as I had an incident at 14 when I used a box dye, BIG mistake lol. But if I'm going through a brunette stage I've done it myself at home. You cant mess up with brown, but blonde is a no no.

4. How often do you wash your hair?:

I've spoken about my hair being oily in the past. My hair usually starts to look greasy the day after washing it, so I use dry shampoo in between as I don't like washing my hair everyday. Every other day on average, but sometimes I can get to the 3rd day before having to.

5. Do you wear the same hairstyle everyday or do you change it up?:

I've always gone through phases. In High school I would wear my hair up everyday, and once I got introduced to hair straighteners I wore it down. And since then I've worn my hair down more than up, and only wear it up these days for work. I've had so many different cuts, I've had a pixie type cut, a bob, a bob that was longer on one side than the other, long hair, mid length hair etc. So in terms of actual styles I've had a lot. Right now I'm attempting to grow it, have been for a while, so hopefully I can become more creative in that department.

6. Do you do your own nails or go to a salon?:

I've never had my nails done at a salon, although I'd love to. I've always done them myself, and I'm definitely no expert at nails lol.

7. How often do you change your nail varnish?:

When I have to, meaning when its really chipped and NEEDS coming off

8. Do you always wear nail varnish on your toes?:

When I have the chance to have a pamper session I do, but if I don't have a lot of time I don't get around to it.

9. How long does it take you to put on your makeup?:

It depends on where I'm going, how much time I have, and what look I'm going for. It can be anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minutes.

10. What do you do first, your face or your eyes?

I do my face first and get the base ready.

11. Do you collect makeup or just buy it when you need to?

I buy it when I need to. Lately I've been buying quite a bit of makeup, as I was running out of everything. I've been trying to get a good collection together that will last me a while, so I will be cutting down on the spending shortly.

12. How often do you wear false eyelashes?

I don't wear false eyelashes as I think I have reasonable eyelashes of my own. But I would like to glam up with them at some point for a night out or a special occasion.

13. Do you wear a full face of makeup everyday?

If I'm not going anywhere I wont wear any at all, but if I'm going out I always have something on my face even if its not full makeup.

14. Do you wear makeup just around the house?

If I'm not leaving the house then no, I don't see the point in putting your face on and having nowhere to go. lol. I like to let my skin breathe when I can.

15. How many high end products do you have?

I don't think I currently have any

16. How often do you wash your makeup brushes?

As often as I can, but not as often as I should haha

17. Will you leave the house without makeup on?

Ermm not really no, I hate going out without anything on at all. I don't always wear a full face of makeup, but I feel I need the basics, especially foundation or some form of BB cream. I feel naked without it. I mentioned in my babyskin primer review that I have red areas and my skin is a bit blotchy + I dealt with acne since I was 11 years old, and still get breakouts to this day. I feel more confident with something covering all that lol

18. Do you plan what you will wear the next day, or when you are getting dressed?

Depends what I have planned. If I have something special the next day or a night out I will probably have an exact idea in my head. And if I'm just nipping out to do some errands or something more casual I will just throw on whatever I feel like wearing, but I always have a pretty good idea what I want to put on.

19. How often do you change your handbag?

Not as often as I'd like, but most of the time I'm rushing around and will use the same handbag for weeks on end, if I remember and have time I'll swap over. I love handbags, definitely always been a handbag girl.

20. What time do you get up and go to sleep?

Oh gosh. I am not a great sleeper, its hard for me to get to sleep and get a good nights rest. So you can guarantee I'll be up late at night and early in the morning. If I'm not doing anything I'll attempt to lie in, I am not a morning person. I'd love to get into bed and drift off at a reasonable time, but nope haha.

21. How often and when do you work out?

Used to work out pretty much everyday. Absolutely loved it, I went swimming, aerobics, long walks, workouts at home etc. Now I cant do so much because of my illness. It sucks big time. I crave working out and get jealous when I see people doing it lol (never thought I would say that).

22. Left or right handed?

I am right handed =]

23. How tall are you?

Around 5'6

24. Do you speak a foreign language?

Not really, I still remember some German from school, but I am far from fluent!

25. How many pets do you have?

Three. I have my two dogs, and a goldfish =] I'd have more if I could

26. How often are you on blogger?

I check it every day even if I don't post anything

27. Do you read the comments posted?

Always, I enjoy it =]

28. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts? 

I mainly just keep a mental note if I see something I like

29. How did you come up with your blog name?

I took the Lazerlips part from a childhood film I still absolutely adore. + I think of red lips, and I love a good red lip!

30. What sort of camera do you use to take your photographs?

Just a canon powershot A320015

31. How often do you clean your room?

Not often, I hate tidying lol. I love organising my makeup etc but not general cleaning up

32. What is your favourite colour?

I always find it hard to pick a fave. I love so many colours for different reasons. But I'll go with purple

33.What is your favourite magazine?

Don't really have a favourite

34. Do you swear?

Not all the time and not a lot, but sometimes if I'm mad about something :P try not to!

35. What are you going to do today?

Well its getting on abit, I've had my tea and just chilling out for the rest of the night!


Took me a while to get through all these questions! Not sure if I tag anyone or not, but I got this tag from Spider leg lashes. I actually enjoyed doing it, feel free to answer them yourself if you'd like,







No comments:

Post a Comment