Thursday 16 January 2014

Ted Baker Gift set review:

Hello again, I thought I'd just do a quick review of gift I received for Christmas. Its a Ted Baker gift set full of makeup goodies and I think its fab, I received a similar one last year.


I was so happy and thankful to receive this gift set. It includes:


  • A bronzing powder- which I usually don't use due to my pale complexion, but its nice sometimes if you add it lightly for a subtle glow.
  • False eyelashes- I haven't used these before either as I have quite long eyelashes naturally. I wouldn't rule it out and will save these little lovelies for a special occasion sometime. 
  • Makeup brushes- I think these are so cute, I love the vibrant neonesque colour to these. As you can see I have been using them and they work really well.
  • A glitter eye shadow- this would look really nice for nights out or holidays such as Christmas and New year. It does have quite a bit of fallout, but not to fear this can easily be overcome.
  • Two lipstick its a chunky pen style- I love love love these so much (loved the ones from my last gift set as well) they come in lovely colours and shades. Although they don't have much staying power I definitely don't mind reapplying, they last for ages. 
  • Two highlighters- one comes in a pearly pink and the other a golden glow, so depending on which look your going for you can mix things up a bit. I have tried these out and they are decent highlighters. I wear highlighter most days, on the cheekbones and just underneath the eyebrow. The sleek highlighter is a superb powder, whereas these are a liquid version. 
  • Nail varnish- you get a pink colour which is good for a natural look, and a gold glitter which you can wear on its own or over another. This is rather glittery, so if you like a subtle glitter this is definitely the opposite. Also great for nights out and holidays. 
  • And last but not least a cream eye shadow. Currently I haven't tried this so cant comment on longevity but I did swatch it. Its a lovely sheen with a hint of subtle shimmer. Would make a good eye shadow base, and will definitely be trying that out.  
  • There was also an eyeliner pen included but I forgot to include it in the picture. I have used it and it glides on easily- I'm not the best at eyeliner, but its definitely one of the easiest I've used. 
I would rate these gift sets a 9/10, I just adore them! 

That's it for my review of the Ted Baker gift set. I would really recommend these and they always come out around Christmas time (not sure if they are available all year round) so keep your eyes peeled if you fancy getting your hands on one of these =] peace out until next time..









No comments:

Post a Comment