Monday 27 January 2014

Elf foundation review:

Hey guys, how was your weekends? I'm back with the Elf flawless finish foundation review. I've not been using it long, but thought I'd share my thoughts with you.


As you can see from the bottle its gone down quite far already, I have been using it almost everyday though.

About the product: 
  • it states that it gives you a smooth flawless finish on the skin
  • the formula is lightweight
  • creates a semi-matte finish
  • lasts all day
  • makes the skin look brighter and more radiant
  • evens out the texture and tone of the skin
  • has added SPF 15
  • and its oil free

My thoughts on the product:
  • The bottle is simple, with a glass base and black top. Quite a nice little bottle.
  • When pumped onto my hand it was quite a thick texture, but it thinned out once I started spreading it across my face. One pump goes quite far, as its easy to blend.
  • it looked quite dewy on my face so I wouldn't wear this without powder over the top with having an oily t zone. Usually when I apply my foundation in general, I put powder over the top to keep shine at bay- which is usually fine throughout the day. This was very shiny after about 4 hours wearing it, especially on my forehead and chin. I'd say this would suit someone with dryer skin, as it feels quite moisturising on the skin. 
  • I purchased this in porcelain, I tend to struggle finding a colour light enough. This is darker than I thought it looked online, and would have expected it to be slightly paler in colour. It's not overly orange or anything, but I did notice it has a slight tinge of it shortly after applying it. 
  • when it arrived it was smaller than I imagined, as there's not a lot of product in the bottle. I would expect more product for the price.I'm guessing this wont last me as long as my regular foundations. 
  • it doesn't feel too heavy on the skin, I'd say it was a light-medium coverage. 
  • I love it when foundations have an SPF added.Its a must and always make sure my foundations include it if I can.
  • Overall its an ok foundation, not my favorite but I've had worse. Not sure if I would repurchase again, but I'll definitely carry on using this one. It will be best suited to my more natural days, when I don't want a heavy foundation. One things for sure its better than the Maybelline fit me foundation I tried, that I will not being using again lol. Overall I would give this foundation an 6/10.
I know a lot of people love this foundation, what has been your experience with this product?

Thank you for all your support so far, stay tuned for another review I have coming up shortly.












No comments:

Post a Comment