Friday 17 January 2014

Stackables review:

Hello everyone, I'm back with another review. I received the Jerome Alexander stackables set for Christmas, so I thought why not do a blog post on it? There will be another little random item included in this review as well (concealer). lets get started then..


 This is the box that it came in (which I'm holding shut with a clip). The set included:

  • Blush called 'pretty peach blush' - aims of the product: 'pretty peach blush adds the perfect highlights, giving your cheeks a soft glow and bright even finish.'
  • Blush called 'sun kiss blush'- aims of the product: 'sun kiss blush gives you a stunning tanned look without the streaks. Glides on evenly to give you a natural all-year round tan.'
  • Magic minerals foundation/powder- aims of the product: 'A sumptuously smooth Italian marble and mineral full coverage foundation with colour corrector's and concealers. It evens out skin tone, taking away redness and enlivening pallid skin, without setting into fine lines or wrinkles.' 
  • Eye obsession eye-shadow- aims of the product: 'Four co-ordinated shades blend together to give your eyes full coverage and fuller impact. Lighter colours include 'sandalwood' and 'gold dust' that act as a highlighter. Darker colours include 'rustic pink' and 'deep auburn' that act as a contour.'
  • This set also includes three brushes: A mini stubby brush for applying powder, a blusher brush, and a eye-shadow brush. 
  • A mirror is included.
The story: "For over 40 years Jerome Alexander has been helping women to look their most beautiful. An internationally recognised beauty expert, he is constantly innovating and pushing forward new cosmetic breakthroughs to help women get more from their makeup. His mission is not to change the way you look, but to enhance your natural beauty."



As you can see in the picture there are four components which all stack on top of each other- this makes it easier to travel with and its definitely handbag friendly. Its compact,light and easy to use.


These are the three brushes that are included which are also travel sized. The concealer is 'stay time' by the makeup brand 17, and its meant to last for up to 18 hours.

The review on the stackables set: Firstly I want to touch on the foundation/powder. I use the powder over my foundation, I don't use it on its own as a foundation. It states its full coverage, but its not enough for me, I need something a little more than the coverage it provides. I love this as a setting powder, it feels lovely on the skin, without being cakey or heavy, and it keeps any shine at bay. Not sure about the concealing elements of the powder in terms of redness etc, but it works really well. I would rate this an 8/10.

Blusher-very light in colour, there's not a lot of pigmentation there so would therefore suited to people who like a light blush or have a pale complexion. The highlight elements are low key, definitely not over the top so you wont look like a disco ball, which makes it good for day time wear. Its not really my cup of tea, I'm on the pale side so I like to add a little more colour to my cheeks to add something to my face as I can look a bit dull otherwise. This for me personally would rate a 5/10.

Sun kiss blush- I think this is perfect for someone who likes bronzing powders that are very light in colour (like me). I don't wear bronzer as it looks really out of place on my face because they are always too dark for me. It also has a slight shimmer, but not over the top. The rating for this would be a 7/10.

Eye-shadows- these apply really nicely actually, they are build-able for either a light or heavier coverage. I would say these were more daytime colours as they are on the natural side. The texture is smooth and silky. 7/10.

Brushes- I haven't used these much as I use my everyday brushes for applying my makeup, but these come in handy for traveling without being too small to grip. 6/10.

Concealer by 17- I saw a review of this on youtube and liked the sound of it. It covers my redness, imperfections and any breakouts I have well. It lasts all day, applies evenly and doesn't get cakey (as long as you don't overdo it). I would say this aimed towards normal/combination skin and oily skins, as it could be a little cakey/drying on dry skin. I really like this concealer and can see it being my staple concealer throughout the foreseeable future + its affordable, its around £4.50. The only gripe I have with it, is that if you have any creases under your eyes, fine lines or wrinkles it tends to go in them. I have natural creases under my eyes always have had some form of crease and I find it clogs them up, so I tend to steer clear of the under eye area. Bargain beauty buy. 8/10. 

Hope you enjoyed this review, see you all soon xx

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11609359/?claim=8jpep2ehwfn">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>









No comments:

Post a Comment