Wednesday 15 January 2014

Makeup haul/review:


Hey guys, welcome back to another haul/review. Lets get started shall we!
I’ve been wanting to try maybelline baby lips for a while after hearing many positive reviews on them. I purchased the pink punch one, it smells yummy, and it is quite moisturizing on the lips, I’d love to purchase other flavours/colours (eyeing up the cherry version especially). Good enough to eat and I love the tint of colour it gives you. 8/10 *thumbs up*


The maybelline fit me foundation: I purchased this in 120 classic ivory, it was the lightest one there and I am quite fair. I tend to struggle finding a light enough colour that isn’t orange. I tried this yesterday and it is slightly orange and too dark unfortunately, but still wearable if blended and set with powder. With my skin type I quite matte shine controlled foundation, that is a decent coverage. This is in my opinion a lighter coverage and it left me looking shiny after a few hours, and I had to reapply powder + wore off by the end of the day around my T-zone.  Its not my fave foundation, but its use-able if worked with. I’d rate this a 4.5/10, as I have used worse and better foundations. 

stay matte by Rimmel, which I have in ivory: This was on offer when I picked it up, and what a steal! I didn't expect much as I have tried so many foundations with no joy, and I have tried one of their foundations before and really did not like it. This is slightly too dark, but its not orange like the maybelline fit me. It has a decent coverage and apply s really smooth, but a little goes along way as it is quite thick textured. Once set with powder this seemed to last quite well throughout the day, and I have used it a lot since. I would rate this a 8/10. The price is decent and it would suit teenagers, or anyone with oily skin. Awesome foundation!


For ages I have been eyeing up Barry M nail polishes/paints and took notice of the Gelly hi-shine nail paints ( I think its a G as it looks like it lol). I picked up dragon fruit as I've been looking for a pink just like it (since I lost a very similar colour a while ago). No matter what I do my nail polishes tend to chip straight away on the tip of my nails. Once applied this lasted a little longer than any I've tried before, which was a big bonus. Overall I am impressed and would rate a 8/10. And since I purchased this I bought a natural colour to wear for work. 













No comments:

Post a Comment