Tuesday 21 January 2014

Beauty bag part 2-Lips:

I'm back again with part 2, and this time its all about the lips. Not every lipstick/lip product I use is included, but most of my go to items.

So here we go!


First up we have a Rimmel lipstick from the moisture renew range: The colour is 320 funtime fuchsia. Its quite a dark, vibrant lip colour- I tend to go for a more out there dramatic lip. The colour is definitely not understated or natural looking by any means- & has a shimmer to it. ( There will be swatches at the bottom of this page). It has quite a strong taste and scent to it. I'd say this was more night time/evening, but I do wear it during the day if I feel like being vibrant. In terms of moisture, it does have enough to keep your lips from drying out. This probably lasts the longest on the lips out of all the lipsticks in this post.  7/10.

Barry M lip paint in 129: This is a lilac colour and has a very creamy substance. I'm not sure if this colour suites me or not, so I tend to wear it less than any of the other colours in this collection. With having pale skin I'm not convinced it does me any justice, or just washes me out. Although I have seen it on pale skins before, and it has looked quite nice, so maybe its just me. For some reason this is more creamy textured than any of the other lip paints I have tried, and often melts really easily. In fact this broke off whilst typing this review up. Its really moisturising, has a nice sheen, but with the texture being so creamy its not the best in terms of longevity. 5/10.

Barry M lip paint in 155: I like this better than the lilac version. Its a nice soft pink, and I wear this on my natural days to add a pop of colour without being too over the top. Yet again it has a creamy substance, but not as much as the Lilac one. I haven't had any trouble with this melting and breaking off. Even though its moisturising, if you have dry or cracked lips it really shows when you apply it. I tend to do a lip scrub, and moisturise my lips before putting it on if my lips aren't the best. I also have a lip paint in red, which is my favourite, but I cant seem to find it anywhere. The staying power isn't that bad, but you do need to reapply. I'd rate this a 7/10.


Miss sporty perfect colour lipstick in 038 I love: I really do love this lipstick. Its a unique pink colour,
cant really put my finger on it. When applied it just melts on to the lips making them feel smooth and moisturised. It has a watermelon scent/taste to it, which I personally don't mind. This is quite bold but still subtle enough for me to wear during the day. I guess its a love it or hate it colour. 8/10.



If you have read my review on the Ted Baker gift set, you will know that these two beauties came with it. I have done a review on these already, but I thought I would include them so you can get a better look at the colours. The darker colour is definitely bold and not everyone's cup of tea, but I love it as a winter colour. I like clashing my pale skin with dark or vibrant colours. They don't last very long on the lips and need to be reapplied frequently, but I don't mind.



I thought I would throw this one in for good measure. I received this one in my last Ted Baker set, and have used it a lot since. As you can see its worn down and the writing has rubbed off.

Swatches
Top left: the first two are the Ted Baker lip crayons I recently got in a gift set. The next two are the Barry M lip paints.
Bottom left: The first one is Rimmel and next is miss sporty. Last but not least is the Ted Baker one that I got for Christmas 2012.

There are many more lipsticks that I would love to try, but these are just a handful I use regularly. I'm hoping my skincare order will have been delivered within the next few days. Once it gets here I will be sure to post a haul. Thank you for your time.









No comments:

Post a Comment