Wednesday 15 January 2014

Elf haul/review:



Welcome back guys, I'm on a roll with these reviews, hope your enjoying them!

HD powder in translucent: This is really good at keeping me shine free for quite a long time, but cant comment on what it photographs like on the skin yet. This will last a long time and is definitely worth the money. It’s a nice soft texture and I’d give it 8/10. 

The eyelid primer is ok. I've never tried one before so its a first for me. I wouldn't say it was the best, but it does a decent job, as my eye-shadow creased a little less. It was the cheapest one on there at £1.99 and the shade I went for was sheer. There is another one on the website that I would like to try at some point. 5/10. 

Lengthening and defining mascara: For the price it does an excellent job, and I pair it up with the mascara primer. It separates lashes well, wouldn't say it particular lengthened the lashes, but I do have naturally long curled eyelashes so it doesn't really matter. It’s a definite bargain, and acts much more expensive than it is, mascaras are pricey these days. Steal. 8/10.


Mascara primer: I’m also new to these as well, but I think its great. I really do think it helps to separate the lashes, and mine do have a tendency of clumping together. This is going to be a staple in my makeup bag (will be repurchasing 100%), and its an absolute bargain as well, as is all Elf tbf. 8/10. Love it! would recommend. 


Eyebrow kit in light: yet again I've only just begin to start experimenting with eyebrows, mine are quite sparse and not all that dark. I've been wanting to try it for quite some time, and I thought what the hey its cheap and cheerful. I don’t think much of the brush, I cant get much control from it. I have a slanted eyeliner brush with does a much better job. Precise brushes all the way, less likely to make mistakes that way. The first time I tried it it was awful, as you only need a tiny bit and really blend it out-  its way too dark if not. Once I did this it looked pretty perfect (albeit I need some practice lol). Bargain 9/10. 


I'm impressed with these purchases from Elf, and I have another order on the way, so stay tuned for that! 








No comments:

Post a Comment